Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Environment

Welcome back! Today I'll be talking about another one of my great loves.


There are few things I love more than standing alone in the middle of the woods, far away from any road or neighborhood. Just me and the birdies. And the wind rustling through the leaves.

Besides the shower,* this is where most of my creativity happens.

I grew up spending hours in the back woods of my parents' property, most often the whole day. I'd imagine I was a great warrior, or fairy princess, or orphan runaway. All on my own, living in the woods.

Just me and the birdies. And the wind rustling through the leaves.

Have a great day, everyone!

*Yes, I have been known to be so distracted by writerly thoughts that I've put body wash in my hair instead of shampoo.

9 comments:

  1. Environment is important. I can get ideas just about anywhere, but I don't do my best writing anywhere. I have an ideal writing environment that works best for me. And solitude is a part of that--but I think that's true for most writers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm...yes...solitude. Sadly, I don't get as much of it as I used to.

      Delete
  2. That's why I hate littering. The environment is so beautiful. We need to protect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, don't even get me started on littering. Pure and utter laziness. People really can't walk to a garbage can? Really?? Ugh.

      Delete
  3. You just made ache to go camping again SOON!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D