Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update

My little guy and I have been home for four days now and we're struggling to find a system that works.  Being two years old and also my active child, he's not happy at all that he can't move.  So that being the case, I've had to stay pretty close to him at all times (like two inches away at most).  I feel so sorry for my little bear, but I do love the hours of cuddles we've been sharing.

Of course, a demanding child who doesn't want me to be more than two inches away from him at all times means it's been pretty hard to get to the computer.  Actually, my computer broke last Thursday anyway, and my husband's computer is...frustrating to say the least.  For some reason, it doesn't let me comment on anyone's blog. 

So I just want you to know that I have not disappeared permanently.  I know that in the past when I've been gone for a couple days people left in droves.  Please don't stop following!  I will be back.  I promise.  Right now, though, I have several things working against me.

I've ordered a necessary part for my computer and as soon as that comes in, I should be able to at least do basic things like email people and comment on blogs (seriously, this tiny little computer is awful).  Technically, I CAN still email people, but it's annoying because this screen is so small and it takes so long to load and scroll down, that I just don't feel like bothering.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their last few weeks of summer vacation.  Hopefully, I'll be back soon!  I'll still come by now and then to give updates until my computer is fixed and my son finds a way to get around despite his cast.

Talk to all of you soon!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey just an idea, you may want to try and clear all the temporary internet files (clear the cache) and restart whatever browser you use. Should at least help a little.
    -Christopher Bohlman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck there, with the computer as well as the (temporary!) kid-in-cast situation. It's so nice you're there to keep him comforted. TV and books may give you a bit of a break when you need one. Or even games or puzzles, coloring books? Make some peanut butter playdough? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the ordeals. If you're going to have to take a break from blogging, this is probably a good time to have it happen since a lot of other folks are on vacation and the like. Enjoy the rest of summer. Hope you get all of your issues taken care of satisfactorily soon.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohman! well, i'm glad you guys are home, but ohman! how long did they think it'll take for him to heal up? my eli had surgery when he was two, and it was terrible to see him in so much pain! he just laid around all the time, too! but he only took about a week to heal up enough to be active. poor poor baby of yours! but cuddle time IS precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the kido and the computer will get better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the cuddle time Emily, we'll still be around when you get back. Life...happens and we've all been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, I hope he gets better soon. I've only fractured a wrist so I can imagine how bad a broken leg could be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there! It's so hard when little ones are sick or hurt, isn't it? Who knows though, maybe you'll get some PB material out of this. Everything is inspiration. And I can't imagine anyone going anywhere under the circumstances. In the grand scheme of things, blogging isn't near as important as what you are doing for him.

    Sending good wishes,

    Martina

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D