Friday, July 29, 2011

Giving in to the Crazies

Do you ever wake up some mornings and think the world's decided to go mad and forgotten to let you know so you're, like, the only sane person left?

I don't know why I feel that way this morning.  Perhaps it's because I'm still reeling from jerk-face who cut me off the other day when he had a red light and then proceeded to swear at me.  Or maybe it's because I can't believe a story about a woman with a gazillion pairs of shoes would actually make the news when there's real, serious stuff to be talked about.  Or MAYBE it's because I've found myself laughing at the ridiculousness of a situation that would have ME signing my name on bookmarks.  I mean, yes it's cool, but come on?  Who would honestly want MY signature?!  I'm just Emily (i.e. not cool enough to be experiencing any type of awesome).

The world that's existed this past week has been absolutely and utterly insane.  And I'm having a very hard time wrapping my mind around all of it.

Do you ever get that way?  What do you do about it?  Is there a special chocolate I can eat to make it all go away?  :)

Oh!  I just thought of something!  This MUST be common!  Maybe this is why zombie stories about MCs surrounded by mind-eating crazies are so popular.  Resistance is futile... :P

13 comments:

  1. I do!! I would want one!! maybe two, or even 10!!! All for myself to brag about :P
    And nope, there's no chocolate, but a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I know what you're talking about (and crazy drivers are pretty abundant in Atlanta ... ugh). Unfortunately, I don't know of any fix for it! Maybe ice cream cake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your signature on a bookmark rocks! You should be proud of your name and have faith someone will be happy to have it.

    I, too, have been struggling with the nonsense broadcasting on reputable news stations. Do we really need to know what's going on with Kim Kardashian? A thought just occurred to me. I agree that there is an abundance of pertinent news stories out there that should be covered. At the same time, those stories aren't always positive. So, perhaps they're doing human interest pieces to assuage viewers from the onslaught of ugliness that is swallowing our society. Granted, it doesn't make me any happier to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've had many days like these. I'm not sure about a special chocolate but I'd like to think that a nice supper out works (it doesn't really, but it's worth it not to have to cook on top of a crazy day)

    ReplyDelete
  5. give in... come on!
    crazy is a blast!!!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing like putting your author signature on stuff to make the world feel like it's crazy!

    I'm happy for you. Savour the craziness and try not to let the meanness of others ruin it for you. People will cut others off in traffic all the time but those people don't have their signatures on bookmarks, do they?

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second what Jai said. Those people aren't cool enough to have their names on bookmarks and would probably never even think to do so. You are made of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you're talking about. . .I set up (or thought I set up) posts for last week so that they would publish automatically and I wouldn't have to worry about the blog for a week. . .guess what? None of them posted. Grr. . .~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Good reason for the zombie craze; I knew there had to be one. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm almost convinced we are the only sane persons left on the planet :) I mean nobody else believes in the zombie outbreak. Crazy people, they will all rush to our fortified castles when the zombies attack and than the whole world will know who were the brightest among us :) /iftheyletusoutofthecrazypeopleasyllymbythen/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband tells me to embrace the craziness before I go mad. It tends to work nine times out of ten. Sometimes the day just isn't working. Best to live wild and start over, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, I'm sorry. You couldn't possibly feel that way. You see, I AM the only sane person left.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D