Thursday, July 22, 2010

Book Review--Wings, by Aprilynne Pike

First of all, there's a great discussion going on here about why on earth aren't we advertising books on TV??  Please join in!





If you don't know by now that I love fairies, well you must be extremely new.  And if that's the case, welcome!  I'm glad you're here!  Here's some cookies.

So of course any book about fairies is immediately going to pique my interest.  Wings does not disappoint.  Aprilynne Pike adds a new take on an old myth in many surprising ways.  I've envisioned fairies in what I thought was every way imaginable, but I was blown away at the twists in this book.

Though it seems to be geared towards girls, there are many scenes in this book I'm sure any boy would like.  And of course there's the ever expected love triangle between Tamani, David, and the MC Laurel.  Though a love triangle has almost become cliche in YA, Pike delivers it in a new, refreshing way.  I usually pick a team, but in this book I honestly can't decide who would be better.  

If you haven't read this book, I highly encourage you to do so immediately.  

~Emily White

2 comments:

  1. emily! i didn't know you were a fairy expert! i gotta ask you some questions ASAP! expect an email, soon. (and more crit! i promise!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Comments! Oh, how I do love them! :D